All of our staff are tested weekly for COVID-19 and all of our carers are on the NHS priority list for the vaccination. This ensures that the risks to our clients are extremely low.
We take every precaution possible to limit our clients’ exposure to Coronavirus. Where clients use our live-in care service in particular, our carers effectively ‘lockdown’ with our clients and provide an immediate support bubble. This removes the need for clients to interact with others and therefore greatly reduces the risk of them contracting the virus.
We rigorously follow all of the advice provided by the World Health Organisation, Public Health England, the Government and the Care Quality Commission.
Some of the COVID-SECURE measures we have in place include:
- Weekly Covid-19 tests for ALL staff, including carers and office staff
- Extensive use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Robust Infection Control Training for ALL staff
- Implementation of advanced hygiene measures in every home
- On-line grocery shopping so clients and carers don’t need to visit supermarkets
Recognising the importance of social interaction, our carers also help to facilitate safe, socially distanced meetings with friends and family where this is allowed under the rules. In other circumstances, our carers will help with staying in touch through technology including FaceTime and Zoom etc.